Program: Public Benefits
Program Snapshot: Advocacy for rental arrears assistance from the NYC Human Resources Administration (HRA) to prevent eviction. This advocacy includes assistance maintaining an active cash assistance case with HRA.
Services: Based on eligibility and need, services can include
- Assistance applying for emergency rent arrears payments (one shot deals)
- Coordinated public benefits legal services to obtain/maintain cash assistance benefits and/or a Family Eviction Prevention Supplement (FEPS).
Eligibility: Individuals or families may be eligible if they are
- Currently receiving housing legal services
How to Enroll:
- Public benefits legal services are provided to individuals receiving housing legal services.
- For more information, call us at 212-822-8300